Saturday, January 26, 2008

Thing 2 - Library 2.0

Most of the big shift to Library 2.0 is in the area of public librairies. That is where 23 Things on a Stick came from here in Minnesota. Public libraries serve a different cliental than school libraries. I am in an elementary school library. I cannot make all the changes I want as I am in a more structured area and also teach most of my day. But my delivery of instruction has changed immensely in the last two years. We are using more technology to teach. Library 2.0 is not just about technology. But it certainly is a paradigm shift of introducing students to different ways of accessing information. It is exciting and I am looking forward to learning more as we continue on the 23 Things journey. I will pass on my knowledge to my students.

No comments: