Monday, March 17, 2008

Thing 17 - ELM Resources

I have been stuck on this one for a couple of weeks and also haven't had time to get back to it.

I use the ELM resources with my students when I can. However to try and do the activities as outlined in this "thing", it proved difficult.

Our school IP address set up must stop some of the options that others see. I could not do the RSS feeds for example.

But the ELM resources themselves are great. I think we are lucky that the legislature pays for us to have these resources. Subscriptions costing what they do, this is a huge money saver for all districts and libraries.

I like to have resources that are current and the students can find articles that are recent. Plus the number of resources is way more than I ever could have here in my media center.

No comments: