Sunday, March 2, 2008

Thing 15 - Online Games

I guess I will never be a great pirate. I liked the game side of Puzzle Pirates. I did OK on the games that I tried. But I never got past the learning stage. I can't see myself devoting as much time as you need to to become a good pirate. Then I ended up on an island where I could buy things, but I had no money. I certainly don't want to start paying for the things you need to in order to participate fully. But I can certainly see how people can get hooked on these virtual sites. I thought it was very well done and fun. I also thought it was a little creepy when I would have others on the ship and I really did not know who they were. I was told a number of times to "get off this ship you land lubber!"

I have watched a friend do the Second Life expereince. Again, I don't think I want to devote that much time to a virtual world. But it is amazing to me that all of this is out there for us to use. Cyber space is way cool!!

No comments: