Saturday, March 29, 2008

Thing 20 - Facebook - Social Networking

I set up by Facebook account. I could not believe how easy it was to see others from my graduating classes from both high school and college. They were just there. I chose not to add any as friends just yet. I don't know if I want to become tied down to checking my Facebook page all the time. I sent a message to my daughter. I will have her show me more of her page then. She and I have looked at her page every so often.

My son has a page as well and I cuold find his easily as well. It does seem a bit scary to think everyone can find us that easily. i realize that you have the choice to add friends or not and my children I hope have made those good choices. I know my daughter has.

The social networking piece is so big. My kids used to use up all of our cell phone minutes. Now they spend much more time on the computer with their friends online. I just don't think I want to do that. At least not at this point in my life. Perhaps when I retire (soon), I might but I hope I have many other activities to keep me busy at that point. :)

I chose not to look at MySpace as both of my kids have said they prefer Facebook. I did appreciate the registration for my own site. I did even upload a picture. As with many of these 23 Things, this was so simple.

No comments: