Sunday, February 24, 2008

Thing 11 - Del.icio.us/Pagekeeper

There are a few of these things that I have used before and del.icio.us is one of them. This is a great tool for our media department to use to share professional bookmarks that will help us with our curriculum. We have always e-mailed these sites to each other and then bookmarked them on our own computers. Why not share them in one place?

I will see if everyone wants to try this. I have some started already. The nice thing is we can make our own del.icio.us site or I can share my list with just the sites that I have marked to share.

I am also going to start a Pagekeeper site for my own media classes. This will be very handy when I do research with different grade levels. There are so many times that the students need to type an entire URL in and that takes time and also allows for many spelling errors. If they simple log on to our Pagekeeper page, all the resources will be right there.

I have now set the Pagekeeper list. How simple!
I will be anxious to show the students as we continue doing our research. Their information is just a click away. Plus I do not have to bother the tech person at our building to make changes to the web site. This is a resource that I can control and make the changes to my own curriclum as I see fit.

I did not explore Furl as I already like del.icio.us and sometimes there are just too many options and I need to stick with these two from Thing 11. But how nice to see all the options that are out there that I did not know about. :)

No comments: