Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Thing 10 - Wikis

I do enjoy the Common Craft videos. They explain things so easily. 

I tried setting up a wiki for our district media department last year. Only one other person even tried to log onto it and no one has ever expressed interest in it. It is hard to have much of a wiki conversation by yourself. I will perhaps try again now that I am doing the 23 Things. However, there are very few people in my district doing the 23 things, so it may be a bit of an uphill climb to get anyone else on board. (If there are folks from my district reading this, let me know and we can start up. :)

I do see it as a great collaboration tool. You just need the people to collaborate with.

I just sent an invitation from wikispaces to my department. I will see if they respond to joining the wiki this time or not. :) Time will tell.

No comments: