Thursday, February 14, 2008

Thing 7 - Communications

I am having a bit of trouble seeing how to use IM in the work arena that I am in. We are all so busy all day long, that to sit and converse in IM during the day would be next to impossible. E-mail is great. We talk a lot that way. We share lots of ideas and information in this format. Blogs could catch on and perhaps that would be a good first step in getting our department to try an new thing. Some of us have a 23 Things blog and we could start there.

I really don't see text messaging ever being a part of our media department either. I text message often to my own children and it works great. Both of my children (age 15 and 20) text much more often than actually talking on their phones. I use to have to worry about them using up our minutes. With unlimited texting, our bill is actually lower now. :) But again I don't see doing that in school. The video of the text messaging was interesting. I could see colleges using that much more than K-12 education.

No comments: