Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Thing 13 - Online Productivity Tools

When I first started this thing, I did not think I would find much for me here. I looked at a few things, like Backpack and Remember the Milk. I do not think I would ever use these. They are a great way to get organized, but I don't want to be tied to my computer to always be organized. I also prefer the actual paper sticky notes instead of computer ones. Just a tactile thing I believe.

But then I started looking at PageFlakes and iGoogle. PageFlakes was cool. Liked it a bit but thought that I would not need to use it. 

I have now been using iGoogle for the last 45 minutes and forced myself to get off and write this post. iGoogle is addictive. There are so many things to add to your own page. I like the tabs at the top that I can customize for myself. Anything that I want to use to get myself organized and to keep up with the world are there. It is way cool. 

Is there nothing that Google can't do for you??

Now, have I found things to use with my students? Not really, but I sure did have fun for myself.  
I did look at Backpack. That is a different tool that iGoogle. I could see using that if you needed to keep up with lots of projects and communicate with others on a project. Again for my use in my school library, I don't see a use yet. 

The one thing that I like about all these 23 Things, is that I can remember these and hopefully find a good use for some of them. I am still amazed as to what is out there for us all to use that I had not idea about. This just shows how much the Internet has changed and Web 2.0 is a whole new world.

No comments: